Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

character development series part one!!! our group

Aarya Nell
    Aarya Nell
    Dag Mom
    Dag Mom

character development series part one!!! our group Empty character development series part one!!! our group

Post  Aarya Nell Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:10 am

Ok so I am FINALLY putting up the character development items from the "character seminar" at my house!!! only I have changed a few things as well as I am looking for feedback from EVERY character... at least ALL going to GATES OF SUMMER, we need this information in order to best relate to one another at the event, at practice and make this a little bit more than just beating on each other with foam sword (no matter how cool that is)

I will present this is........ Parts in separate posts requiring feedback from you!!

The first part is more unit development than character development but to know ourselves we need to understand the group a little bit more!!!

1. First “where is Nargothrond”
    2. what is Arminas of Nargothrond, if the meaning of our group name is somewhere or I have been told, please refer to the location or just refresh my memory Very Happy k thanks!!
    3. why are we together, I understand we are a mercenary group but WHY did we join together, why this group, why these fighters, not just “we all live in brookings so…” that we all know, but for gates and rag why did our group join up and decide to work together!
    4. what is our main purpose, are we solely a fighting group, do we have other skills, trades, etc that are for sale along the road… this is as a group… for example, do we do any entertainment, music, cooking as a whole not indiviuals.
    a. If fighting is our main purpose or even sole purpose, what area of battle do we specialize in, are we adaptable, do we actually have skill, what areas do we need to improve on, etc.
    5. when did our group form
    6. what is our reputation, do we have a reputation, what do we want our reputation to be
    Shudyn
    Shudyn
    Council
    Council

character development series part one!!! our group Empty Re: character development series part one!!! our group

Post  Shudyn Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:57 pm

Aarya Nell wrote:what is Arminas of Nargothrond
    that would be "Mercenaries of the North" in Elvish so your question to
    Aarya Nell wrote:“where is Nargothrond”
    would be the North
    Aarya Nell
    Aarya Nell
    Dag Mom
    Dag Mom

character development series part one!!! our group Empty Re: character development series part one!!! our group

Post  Aarya Nell Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 am

geek
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Council
    Council

Location : In the fray gettin my ass kicked, or Brookings South Dakota

Post  Joseph Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:52 am

ok ill give you my take on things.
    1. Nargothrond is the mid north of some continent
    2. Arminas of Nargothrond as to what my intepretation is loosely translated to mercenaries of the north, though since there is no elvish for mercenaries we go to arminas which is armies, so we are the armies of the northlands. double check with dvalyn on this one.
    3. we started as a group of friends seeking adventure then as we ventured we found more people along the lines that we took into teh group or wished to join with us. and strength in numbers
    4. to my extent of knowledge we are a solely fighting group
    as i said i believe it is, we are adaptable to situations and mostly work guarding caravans or small villages
    6. i dont know if we have a reputation or not but id liek to think we are a mostly good aligned group of people
    Gerrard Axecleave
    Gerrard Axecleave
    Inactive
    Inactive

Post  Gerrard Axecleave Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:06 am

Joseph wrote:
    6. i dont know if we have a reputation or not but id liek to think we are a mostly good aligned group of people

Well considering your holding myself and Shudyn I am kind of skeptical of that...but then again...we are the only two members that are at least somewhat...odd...
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Council
    Council

Location : In the fray gettin my ass kicked, or Brookings South Dakota

Post  Joseph Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:18 am

to be honest i would consider you two chaotic neutral in dnd terms but that still fits maybe i shoudl say our group averages at chaotic good, good intentions but very random and and unique then you would still fit in on the chaos axis at least
    Gerrard Axecleave
    Gerrard Axecleave
    Inactive
    Inactive

Post  Gerrard Axecleave Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:21 am

Joseph wrote:to be honest i would consider you two chaotic neutral in dnd terms but that still fits maybe i shoudl say our group averages at chaotic good, good intentions but very random and and unique then you would still fit in on the chaos axis at least
    Well I suppose we are the only two that are in the evil category anyway so we are surrounded by good and whatever evil we chose (even if it is minimal) is probably going to be snuffed by you guys overall.
    Shudyn
    Shudyn
    Council
    Council

Post  Shudyn Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:49 am

i am chaotic neutral, so I'll side both ways every now and then, but if you get my trust I've got your back
    Aarya Nell
    Aarya Nell
    Dag Mom
    Dag Mom

Post  Aarya Nell Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:19 am

good input!!!

this section is for that main purpose of us ALL talking about what we want the group to be! keep it coming!
    Shudyn
    Shudyn
    Council
    Council

Post  Shudyn Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:34 pm

someone seems happy
    Gerrard Axecleave
    Gerrard Axecleave
    Inactive
    Inactive

Post  Gerrard Axecleave Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:12 pm

Well I guess that I'm trustworthy towards friends companions etc etc but I probably would kill if it came to me starting a bar brawl.
    Shudyn
    Shudyn
    Council
    Council

Post  Shudyn Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:32 pm

and probably if you're getting paid
    Gerrard Axecleave
    Gerrard Axecleave
    Inactive
    Inactive

Post  Gerrard Axecleave Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:43 pm

Shudyn wrote:and probably if you're getting paid

Depends on the job...and how much im getting paid but yeah...thats probably right.
    Lucian
    Lucian

Post  Lucian Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:13 am

Shudyn wrote:
    Aarya Nell wrote:what is Arminas of Nargothrond
    that would be "Mercenaries of the North" in Elvish so your question to
    Aarya Nell wrote:“where is Nargothrond”
    would be the North

Technically, Nargothrond is the fortress on the river Narog built by Finrod Felagund. Arminas is a Sindarin male name, meaning "royal tower." Arminas, in the Silmarillion, was sent to Nargothrond to warn Finrod of its impending doom.

So, Arminas of Nargothrond generally refers to that Arminas, at least to anyone who's read Tolkien in depth...

In Quenya, "Army of the North" would be "Formeno Hossë."

In Sindarin, "Soldiers of the North" would be "Doeg-en-Forod."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:14 am