Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Aberdeen Celtic Fair

Shenron
    Shenron

Aberdeen Celtic Fair Empty Aberdeen Celtic Fair

Post  Shenron Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:30 pm

I am Shenron leader of the Mercs of SoDak, in Aberdeen. I'm not classified as a unit on the Dag site because I am an outpost leader for the Gestiguiste, and a member of Frozen North a collective of fledgling dag groups throwout the Dakotas and Minnesota.
    I'm telling you this because I would like to invite you to our event this September 19-20th at the Aberdeen Celtic Fair and games. I will be holding a Highlander Tournament and we will be having Skirmish battles to entertain and recruit.
    you can contact me on the Frozen North forum www.frozennorthmn.net or email me at redshendragon@live.com I would love to here from you and keep you informed of future events!
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Council
    Council

Location : In the fray gettin my ass kicked, or Brookings South Dakota

Aberdeen Celtic Fair Empty Re: Aberdeen Celtic Fair

Post  Joseph Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:38 pm

Greetings Shenron! I'm Joseph Windstalker, commander of our chapter here. Thank you for your invite, We've been trying to track you guys down forever. We would love to attend the fair. Though im not sure on numbers right now as some of us are considering making the trek down to missouri for war of iron fist that weekend. I can tell you though that i will send guys that direction no matter what.
    Shenron
    Shenron

Post  Shenron Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:44 am

I know what a pain in the ass Dominus can be about giving out info on the dag boards.
    Frozen North was part of dag at one point but this year for some reason when I went to war council at Rag to represent them we were not recognized any longer, We have 2 events Snow Ball in the winter and Siedde before Rag. so its not like FN hasn't met with the Dag requirements.
    Shenron
    Shenron

Post  Shenron Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:06 am

!!!UPDATE!!!

this is what I have shared with FN so far and this is the same copy paste so you don't miss anything!

Celtic Fair Activities September 18-20
    We will be doing…
    3 skirmish battle on Saturday to fill in time between sporting events (Red vs Blue)
    4 on 4 Tug-o-war Frozen North vs Mercs of SoDak at 2pm Sunday (after we do old school rules we can do dag rules)
    Highlander Tournament w/Armor for entertainment purposes. (They shot down the wandering Dag style)
    We will have our own field to fight in during the sporting events.
    I will need volunteers for Heralding and “Troll” (that is manning the both to answer questions about Dagorhir.)

For people who will be arriving on Friday…
    We need to..
    • Set up our both between 8-5
    • Go over what grounds we are allowed on at all time for fighting
    • Have everyone involved with our group get wristbands on (we are classified as ‘Vendors’)
    • Get everyone registered for the Highlander ($5) and draw lots
    • Get troll shifts scheduled
    • We need 1-2 people each day for a few hours to herald the skirmish and tournament
    • I need a Dag waiver form from everyone before we start!
    • After all that on the first day then we can party ha haa!

Dose Frozen North have? *like wise for your group as well
    • A banner or standard that you can bring
    • Walkie-talkies or other form of communication (the event coordinator needs us to be on time)
    • Do members want to be involved with other Celtic games i.e. Caber toss, Rock throw, etc.
    • Celtic garb or decorations for our both.

Sunday is going to be a BIG busy day for us. The event coordinator/President of the Celtic games is giving us a chance to show our stuff for FREE no charge for our both or entry this year, so we want to be on time and respectful so that we can be invited back!

He mentioned he would like to see some type of jousting for next year, I told him that’s not something we do but we could come up with something a bit like that maybe something comical for laughs. If we did that we would have to come up with some kind of point system and have 2 greens of equal length to be fair.

If I forgot anything or if you have questions please contact me and I will do my best to answer quickly to the best of my knowledge.
    Shenron
    Shenron

Post  Shenron Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:15 am

If you want to camp at the fair grounds it will be $12 per person that includes water, power, showers. but we are also putting people up at our homes to save money.
    I have a free hotel room for one night if we really need it but back yards should be good for now Very Happy

The winner of the Highlander tournament will get there name engraved on THE Highlander sword (that stays here in case you can't come next year) and a Best Dag stuff Sword if you haven't seen the best Dag stuff store you should check it out. http://www.bestdagstuff.com/main.sc
    EVA foam is the way to go now a dayz!
    Shenron
    Shenron

Post  Shenron Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:22 pm

www.nesdcelticfaire.com

here is the official website for the event if anyone was interested in seeing what else is going on.
    Fey Embers
    Fey Embers

Post  Fey Embers Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:18 pm

Currently looks like Frozen North will be bringing 12+ people, and the Nifflanders (Fargo/Moorhead) will be bringing another 6+. It would be great to see you guys there, too, so we can all meet up and beat the crap out of each other!
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Council
    Council

Location : In the fray gettin my ass kicked, or Brookings South Dakota

Post  Joseph Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:31 pm

its looking like theres gonna be 4 to 8 of us heading up there at some point from here in brookings so it sounds good
    Shenron
    Shenron

Post  Shenron Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:46 pm

I'm going to have to have as many people as possible meet me at the Brown County Fair grounds at around 1pm on the 18th to go over everything.
    Fey Embers
    Fey Embers

Post  Fey Embers Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:11 pm

I had a blast fighting with you guys!
    Aarya Nell
    Aarya Nell
    Dag Mom
    Dag Mom

Post  Aarya Nell Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:19 pm

yes it was amazing, I hope that we can get you all over here at some point, or us come to one of your events!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:47 pm