Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Interested.

Lucian
    Lucian

Interested. Empty Interested.

Post  Lucian Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:16 pm

Hey guys. My wife and I are interested in meeting up with y'all and learning more about Dagorhir.

When I lived in New Zealand I was part of a boffer group called the New Carthaginian Light Marine Infantry. It was much less formal than Dagorhir appears to be, but the principle was the same - dress in costume, fight (safely), drink/feast, and have fun.

I think I remember reading somewhere that you have regular practices at Pioneer Park. Is that still the case?
    Ezio De Arron
    Ezio De Arron
    Soldier
    Soldier

Interested. Empty Re: Interested.

Post  Ezio De Arron Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Hello! Yes, we do still practice at Pioneer park. However, lately Pioneer park has been occupied (Arts In the Park) So we've been going to Camelot park and Hillcrest park. By the way, Glad to meet you, if you have any questions, just hit me up here or call me at 691-4197. I'm almost always available.
    Lucian
    Lucian

Post  Lucian Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:10 pm

I've read through the rules a couple times and think I have a pretty good grasp of them. I have a few questions, though.

1) I noticed there are no rules for weapon authorizations. Can new fighters use whatever (legal) weapons they want?

2) Do you have loaner weapons available, or will I need to build a couple before coming? I've built boffers before, though their construction was different than what Dagorhir uses.

3) How many members does this Chapter have? How many Units?

4) I'm a web developer by trade. Do you have need of those skills?
    Aarya Nell
    Aarya Nell
    Dag Mom
    Dag Mom

Post  Aarya Nell Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:57 pm

I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the game!!!

I will let the others answer your questions, they will have better ones for you anyway!
    Tarnit
    Council
    Council

Post  Tarnit Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:04 pm

Hey Im Tarnit (Jimmy), nice to meet you.

1) Yes, a new fighter may use whatever weapon, but i reccomend a regular blue sword. Gets you used to fighting in any style.

2) We have extra weapons available, no worries man.

3) hmmm well we have 2 units, us and acouple guys in souix falls. Id say about 10 regular fighters every practice.

4) I'd talk to Alessandro (Josh) hes incharge of the website.

-

hope it helped.

Any questions about practice time or anything just hit me up here or on the phone, 605-691-3339. Names Jimmy. It's a pleasure.
    Lucian
    Lucian

Post  Lucian Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:15 pm

Good deal. My own phone number is 651-0116 (might need the 605, since it's a cell #).

Today I bought the materials necessary to build a Dagorhir-legal sword. I'm not sure when I'll get around to putting them together, but I'll bring the results to practice.

I don't think I'll be able to make this Saturday, as my wife and I will be attending an SCA event that day. However, I'll try my best to come to practice the week after that. Are there any Sunday practices, formal or otherwise?
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Council
    Council

Location : In the fray gettin my ass kicked, or Brookings South Dakota

Post  Joseph Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:19 pm

Greetings Lucian! Im Joseph Windstalker, Commander of our chapter. My chaptermates have done an excellent job answering your questions my friend. Formally on my group roster i have 14 active members 1 member who is on a 2 year honorary status while on a missions trip another out of town for the summer and 5 inactives. We average 10 people at practices right now since its summer everyone has an irregular schedule. Were also in alliance with the Fallen Clan of Ravenwood down in Missouri.

You are more then welcome to come check out our practices. Currently they are Tuesday afternoon at 2 and Saturday afternoon at 1. Both are at Pioneer park unless otherwise stated. I Will be posting an updated schedule here in the next couple of days. We run our practices pretty relaxed.

Any other questions feel free to ask us. Welcome to South Dakota and Dagorhir.

-Joseph Windstalker

Ps if we get enough people togethere we will sometimes run an informal practice at random times.
    Lucian
    Lucian

Post  Lucian Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Good to meet ya, Joseph.

My real name's Ben. I haven't chosen a battle name yet, but I thought Lucian sounded decent for a forum name. I might use it as my battle name. Maybe.

I'm in the process of building a blue sword. DAP is annoying to work with, but I suppose the end result will be worth it... I hope.

What kinds of character concepts does everyone here have?
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Council
    Council

Location : In the fray gettin my ass kicked, or Brookings South Dakota

Post  Joseph Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:17 am

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:54 am