Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Shudyn
Ezio De Arron
Ormarr
7 posters

Hey there!

Ormarr
    Honorary Forum Member
    Honorary Forum Member

Hey there! Empty Hey there!

Post  Ormarr Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:39 am

Hello, my name's Ormarr. I'm not from around you guys, but it couldn't hurt to talk to more people that do Dag, y'know?

I'm one of those Red-user guys, though I prefer big swords to polearms, axes, and hammers.

My unit is the Wolves of Asgard. We're the people that Rome would ave after battles sometimes during Ragnarok. We're a merc group with divisions in Johnstown and Philedelphia, PA. I'm in the Johnstown contingent.

I'm also an amateur web designer. I know enough to do decent work, but I don't know how well I'd do on a certification test!

Enough about me, though; I wouldn't mind knowing more about you guys.
    Ezio De Arron
    Ezio De Arron
    Soldier
    Soldier

Hey there! Empty Re: Hey there!

Post  Ezio De Arron Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:09 pm

Well, I'm Mogcat, also known as Arrondous, and I'm 150%.

Yes, you read that right, it's three halves: Cat, Dog, Human. So far, I'm the only known 150% creature in Dag ( that I know of).

I'm mostly an archer, but I dabble in single blues, sword and board, and polearms.

I too am an amateur web designer, but I'm not as good as Blaise, (plus I don't have my prefered program, which is DW). I am so far the head archer, well, only archer in Arminas of Nargothrond. I play most blizzard games, except WoW (played it, got addicted for a little while, and ended up stopping). I've been addicted to E3 '08 Live on G4 for the past day, it's going on for two more days (yay!) I am getting an Xbox 360 soon, so if you have XBL, feel free to contact my I'm hopping my gamertag will be Mogcat or Kratos_Killer.

Well, that's basically me Smile
    Shudyn
    Shudyn
    Council
    Council

Post  Shudyn Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:50 pm

Welcome to Fantasy Island, well it's not really fantasy island, but you get the picture, anyway I'm what you can say is one of the founders, I'm Lance, and like you I prefer reds as well, but a can dual wield if i want to

I'm also our so called "ninja" of the group since i'm the only one to climb trees during a battle (which got me an arrow in the back from Mog)
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Council
    Council

Location : In the fray gettin my ass kicked, or Brookings South Dakota

Post  Joseph Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:03 pm

hello their ormarr and thanks for joining our forums, though right now they are pretty boring compared to national.

I am Joseph Bladestalker, one of the founders of and commander of Our unit, i usually fight duel wield long blues or sword and board. Im a half-elf questing for honor and adventure. i also double and the best seamster in the unit.

Though in real life im the resident zelda star fox gamer nerd, who spends most of his free time on the computer. also fast food legend in our town
    Ormarr
    Honorary Forum Member
    Honorary Forum Member

Post  Ormarr Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:07 pm

Mogcat-

Dreamweaver? Blah. REAL MEN CODE BY HAND.

I have the whole head/sole member thing going too. I'm the only Berserker and the only member of my house, so I'm the Lead Berserker and the House Champion. I love victory by default!

For games, well, most Western developers are fine by me. But I don't play many newer games. Mass Effect was sweet though.

I don't watch TV. Crazy. I thought E3 was gone now.

Lance-

Hey there. After my unit's leader played Ninja Gaiden 2, he wanted me to dual-wield reds, actually. Eugh. And I actually had the title, "Broadsword Ninja," in our group until I lost my flowy, uncontrolled combat style after fighting inside for a few months.

I talked a unit-mate of mine into entering two-weapon tournament with a red sword and a red axe. I didn't get to watch him. I was a sad panda.

I know you weren't talking about using two reds at once, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Joseph-

Howdy. I'm just a run-of-the-mill, passive-aggressive berserker, looking into tailoring and leather-crafting for my unit.

Oh man, Star Fox. I remember the one for the N64. Game was awesome. What do you mean by fast food legend, though?
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Council
    Council

Post  Joseph Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:32 pm

well in some respects, but i hold fastest dish washing records at the local burger king and when it comes to working fryside anywhere im incredible, my last day at burger king i was runnign fryers whopper board and speciality board through a murderous rush. so its kinda self proclaimed legend i guess
    Tarnit
    Council
    Council

Post  Tarnit Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:52 pm

Hoy Ormarr,

I be Tarnit. and i am contemplating switching character roles at the moment.

I am the head Foamsmith here in AON and love glueing foam together.

i love one big red, two big reds, or sword and board...

Ya.....
    Ormarr
    Honorary Forum Member
    Honorary Forum Member

Post  Ormarr Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:28 pm

Tarnit wrote:two big reds

... Oh man! How do you do this? I've actually wanted to learn this, but my weapons are usually too different. Like, four-foot heavy fiberglass red and five-and-a-half-foot PVC red.

Also, Joseph, that's pretty awesome. I sort of wish I had a job. Why'd you do so crazy on your last day, though?

Last edited by Ormarr on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bbcode screw-up)
    Ezio De Arron
    Ezio De Arron
    Soldier
    Soldier

Post  Ezio De Arron Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:18 pm

Tarnit forgot to mention that he's Sirilay's stalker.

He usually doesn't wield two reds at once, don't know why he's trying that now.

Archery is where it's at, I've been shooting for 3/4 of my life. (happens when you're born into archery :O)
    Ormarr
    Honorary Forum Member
    Honorary Forum Member

Post  Ormarr Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:25 pm

Oh man. She's an awesome elf from what I saw in the archery tournament, but stalkworthy? D:

Still, if you guys are going to Badon Hill, let me know. I want to see how he does this.

I wanted to get into archery. But the only bow I could net myself was a recurve with 45# draw. I can't bring it down, so I'll have to borrow my House Lord's bow if I ever want to shoot.
    Tarnit
    Council
    Council

Post  Tarnit Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:06 pm

Mog, i do too wield two reds. its fun. I dont do it if i want to win, but for intimidation. = Leets.

Its all about keeping at least one in motion, do alot of spins and watch where there sword is.
    Ezio De Arron
    Ezio De Arron
    Soldier
    Soldier

Post  Ezio De Arron Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:36 pm

Tarnit wrote:Mog, i do too wield two reds. its fun. I dont do it if i want to win, but for intimidation. = Leets.

Its all about keeping at least one in motion, do alot of spins and watch where there sword is.

Hell no, intimidation = archery xD
    Ormarr
    Honorary Forum Member
    Honorary Forum Member

Post  Ormarr Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:37 pm

Ohhh no.

Intimidation = barn door.

Something I think both us red users and you archery kids can say "stfu plz :<" at.
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Council
    Council

Post  Joseph Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:44 pm

cause we were getting destoryed, had a buncha like gymnastics girls come in and order chicken and then we had a 7th and or 8th grade football time roll in right behind them in the middle of supper rush whyd i do crazy? cause i like a challenge Smile to tell the truth i had ehlp on fryers, but he sucked and was slowing me down Razz

Tarnit is also the self proclaimed president of the sirilay fanclub. of which hes also the founder, mogcat is his vp of connections.

Unfortunately though i myself am also unemployed at the moment Sad

Are you in any sports ormarr? I was in track cross country and marching band.
    Ormarr
    Honorary Forum Member
    Honorary Forum Member

Post  Ormarr Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:59 pm

I might want to join this fanclub. Never hurts to make new friends/restraining orders!

Sports? Pshaw. To be honest, the only physical activity I get other than Dag is walking everywhere. I used to walk about a mile and a half to get home from school every day. I did about three miles getting my fiberglass core once. Better on the knees than running, and it kept my weight down.

Not to mention my calves are just beastly.

But aside from walking, I always wanted to do fencing, and though I'm actually a pacifist (oath and everything, though I don't follow the philosophy at events) I always thought that kickboxing seemed kind of awesome. Not that I'd do very well at it.

I can play an instrument, (flute, was going to bring it to Rag but it was too mundane) but I can't read music at all.

How about everyone else? You guys do any physical activities beyond Dag?
    Ezio De Arron
    Ezio De Arron
    Soldier
    Soldier

Post  Ezio De Arron Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:56 am

Ormarr wrote:I might want to join this fanclub. Never hurts to make new friends/restraining orders!

Sports? Pshaw. To be honest, the only physical activity I get other than Dag is walking everywhere. I used to walk about a mile and a half to get home from school every day. I did about three miles getting my fiberglass core once. Better on the knees than running, and it kept my weight down.

Not to mention my calves are just beastly.

But aside from walking, I always wanted to do fencing, and though I'm actually a pacifist (oath and everything, though I don't follow the philosophy at events) I always thought that kickboxing seemed kind of awesome. Not that I'd do very well at it.

I can play an instrument, (flute, was going to bring it to Rag but it was too mundane) but I can't read music at all.

How about everyone else? You guys do any physical activities beyond Dag?

Well, about the Fanclub thing, Tarnit is the one to talk too Razz

I used to be in football, still dabble in it. I'm short (5'4") and I easily shook off Joseph (probably around 6'1"). I run, a lot! Other then Dag, I do competition archery, was 3rd in the state last year for my age group and 7th my age in recurve shooting Smile

I play Saxophone, guitar, a little bit of drums (not that good). Took 3 years of Tae Kwan Do back in 1st grade. Always wanted to fence, and do Kendo.

An added bonus to archery is that your back and shoulders become absolutely ripped. >Smile
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Council
    Council

Post  Joseph Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:52 am

mog im cross country im pretty much just need to outlast your endurance and i win
    Ormarr
    Honorary Forum Member
    Honorary Forum Member

Post  Ormarr Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:52 am

Football's too aggressive for me.

Wait, wait. And I still play Dag. I love paradoxes.

I didn't know shooting a recurve was any different from other bows. What makes it different? I imagine the string's more tense.
    Ezio De Arron
    Ezio De Arron
    Soldier
    Soldier

Post  Ezio De Arron Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:46 am

Ormarr wrote:Football's too aggressive for me.

Wait, wait. And I still play Dag. I love paradoxes.

I didn't know shooting a recurve was any different from other bows. What makes it different? I imagine the string's more tense.

Well, by competition shooting, I mean by my compound bow, which is about 300x more powerful then an average recurve.
    Alessandro
    Alessandro
    Admin - Council
    Admin - Council

Post  Alessandro Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:55 pm

My name is Blaise, well Josh, but Blaise is my ego for our little game here. I'm our web designer and threw together our little template in about 20 minutes for our website. I use Dreamweaver CS3, but do more coding than the cheater method, renowned with frontpage.

I'm apparantly scary with pretty much any weapon, and people flinch when I pick up a red, and wimper when I pick up two short swords about 2 feet long. I haven't had time to get to practices lately but I'll be getting around to it moreso lately.

Anyways, welcome to our forums and I hope you enjoy your stay.
    Ormarr
    Honorary Forum Member
    Honorary Forum Member

Post  Ormarr Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:03 am

Hey, thanks for the welcome, Blaise.

I've picked up a few things while looking at your forum that I think might look pretty nice. If you'd like, I'd be happy to post/PM the suggestions. It mostly deals with how hard it is to see the picture in the background, and how you might be able to deal with it.

You could also get a Freewebs site for your group. A lot of you guys have a web design background, better than us Wolves; only myself and my House-Father-guy know anything about web design, but I'm the only competent coder. If you have Dreamweaver CS3, you guys might have Flash, so you could make a click-through photo gallery too if you had somewhere to host the thing.

But, sorry. I can get carried away with this stuff.

With as many reds as you guys seem to have, I really hope you guys can make it to Badon Hill. Big weapons bring a tear to my eye.
    Uncle Jimmo
    Inactive
    Inactive

Post  Uncle Jimmo Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:39 am

Yo. I be Jimmo, the resident Lazy Person (as can be seen by my lack of even a dag name, and probably my post count as well). I'm also the resident future non-resident college student, so I won't actually be doing dag after this August. Um... I do have one sword, of moderate length, however, after last Wednesday I've decided that I prefer sword and board. I think I may have been called a ninja once, but I consider myself more of an opportunist.

And I know what you mean about running being hard on the knees. I really enjoy it anyway (although I'm more of a cyclist during the summer). Cross-country ftw!

(And marching band, the most amazing of all amazing things that I had the opportunity to participate in during high school. And the most missed, now that I'm basically done with it forever.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:29 am