Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

gates of summer post

Aarya Nell
    Aarya Nell
    Dag Mom
    Dag Mom

gates of summer post Empty gates of summer post

Post  Aarya Nell Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:52 am

Ok so my comp is RETARDED and stopped me from finishing this post twice!!!

Anyway
    The gates of summer thread is and has been up on the main boards
    http://www.dagorhir.com/forums/index.php?topic=16900.0

I am copying it here just for quickness, but I think we could start talking plans, ideas, etc for the event!!!

Greetings Dagorhirrim! It's that time of year again here in the midwest.. time for us to tell YOU about Gates of Summer VII!

Why so soon? Well that's easy loves.. because not only is this going to be another 4-day event (much like War of the Iron Fist) but this is also to give YOU the opportunity to give YOUR input on the way Gates of Summer rolls out this coming May.

Our official dates? May 6th-9th, 2010 in our usual location in Holden, Missouri. (Never been there? Check out the Google Maps location by the lovely Soulsar! http://www.dagorhir.com/forums/index.php?topic=12116.0 )

Right now details are a tad sketch, because let's face it.. there's a good 6+ months between now and Gates, but there ARE a few things we DO know.

Event Fees: 15.00 for the entire 4 day weekend -if- you pre-reg! Pre-reg opens up in the beginning of January. Likewise, we'll still be charging the $20 for those paying on-site.

Minors in Attendance: We hate to do this, but our hands have been forced and we are now requesting that anyone under the age of 18 have a parent or a legal guardian on site. This also goes hand in hand with us politely letting everyone know that anyone between the ages of 18-20 who is caught drinking WILL be asked to leave, and if they have no one available in their camp to take them home; we will be forced to call their emergency contact. Likewise, anyone over the age of 21 caught giving a minor alcohol will be asked to leave the event. Dagorhir itself has a zero-tolerance policy and we WILL be enforcing these rules. Period.

Arrival Information: Since we're extending the event to include Thursday, arrival on Thursday is limited. We can't have anyone arriving before 5pm on Thursday, and there will also be an overnight cut-off. This is simply because we can't guarantee we'll have enough people on-hand to handle folks trickling in over night. After the Thursday night cutoff, Troll will re-open on Friday morning at 9am. I don't like to add the emphasis, but we absolutely, POSITIVELY cannot have people arriving before that time. Last event there was apparently some mis-communication somewhere and we had close to 20-30 people on site before Troll had not only opened, but even ARRIVED.

Weapons Check: Since Friday is going to be as chock full of battles as Saturday, we will be holding a weapons check from 9-11AM on both Friday AND Saturday morning. Much like "Rag Rules" - melee weapons/shields/armor checked on Friday will not have to be re-checked on Saturday. Missile weapons will still be checked every day. Please note: the RWC changes have -not- yet taken effect and will therefore -NOT- be enforced on arrows and javelins. However, please be aware that our weapons checking team will be placing a 'Warning' tag on your flight weapons that either are close to, or currently, failing the newest specifications. They will still be legal, but we are doing our best to circumvent potential problems in the future by letting everyone know if their stuff is borderline.

Also, anyone from neighboring realms who's interested in helping in any capacity, please feel free to contact me via the Midwest Boards, Facebook, or even shoot an e-mail or call me and we can discuss the details of the event. I still have need of people to host assorted tournaments, manage the 'heralding team', as well as taking any and all suggestions for battles on Friday and Saturday.

Ideally we're shooting for a 'Rag-style' two days of fighting, with two main 'scenario' battles and then assorted pick up battles carrying on from then on out. So what I need from YOU - are ideas for those pick up battles! Bring your best ideas to PM on the Midwest Boards or e-mail me (that way I have them in print!) and we'll do our best to get Gates of Summer kicked off in the best way possible.

As we get more information regarding things like clean up dates, potential day passes, and the like - I'll add those to the thread as well as keeping this first post updated so everyone sees the most current information. Anyone with any questions, feel free to post here or get in touch with me via another communication device and I'll be happy to answer any questions I have answers to.. or hunt down answers to the ones I don't.

~ ♥ Krystal
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Council
    Council

Location : In the fray gettin my ass kicked, or Brookings South Dakota

gates of summer post Empty Re: gates of summer post

Post  Joseph Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:25 am

Ah thanks you. Ya beat me to the punch but, yes we definately need to organize something. I have sereval uncollected duels yet and also orrin has a present for me. I'm in!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:57 am